- I steeped in a different pot because the 1 gallon was not high enough in the 5 gallon pot. This required me to pour between them when adding extracts which potentially oxidized. Solution: steep with more liquid in the larger pot
- Did not prepare the yeast. Solution: Need to bring it out ahead of time.
- Did not account for evaporation. This beer is under 2 gallons. Solution: have boiled extra water cooled by the end so we can bring up to 2.5 gallons
- Leaking chiller. Solution: tilt outside; build my own; return the one from 5th season
- Dry extract made mess. Solution: pour dry into bowl first, then dump in
- Did not clear crap from wort before fermenting. Solution: clear crap from wort before fermenting, by slowly decanting, then rinsing the bowl
Piety and scholarship under Lupulos.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Tales from Diwali
The process was OK but not perfect. Some things to note: